Menu

 The Village of Mingo Junction

Mayor, Ed Fithen | Village Administrator, Robert Smith

header photo

The Village of Mingo Junction Fire Department was established in 1903, providing fire suppression to the community. The Department began providing First Aid to the community in the early 1960's. The department began providing Emergency Medical Service in 1976 when the first ambulance was purchased.  In 1979, Nine members of the department attended paramedic training at the Bellaire City Hospital and became some of the first paramedics in the valley.

  The department responds on average to 800-900 calls a year.

     The Fire Department is a combination Department consisting of 3 Full time and 25 part time personnel. The station is staffed 24/7 by at least one firefighter/paramedic or firefighter/EMT. The department is dispatched for emergencies by the Jefferson County 911 Center.  Upon being dispatched for emergencies, additional off-duty personnel respond to the scene for assistance.

The full time personnel consist of:

Chief/Inspector:  John D. Wright (20 years of service)

Assistant Chief/Inspector: James J. Raha (19 years of service)

Captain/Inspector:  Brandon E. Montgomery

Lieutenant: Timothy S. Mattern

 

The department operates the following equipment:

1995 Sutphen 75' Ariel 2008 Sutphen Rescue Pumper 1992 Sutphen Pumper (Reserve Truck) 2000 McCoy/Miller Type III Ambulance 2004 McCoy/Miller Type III Ambulance

In 2012, The department purchased new fire turnout gear for all personnel with funding provided from FEMA through their Assistance to Firefighters grant program. The total project cost was $77,097.00 with tax payers contributions only being $3,572.00.

In 2013, The department is purchasing new self contained breathing apparatus with funding provided from FEMA through their Assistance to Firefighters grant program. The total project cost is $70,440.00 with tax payer contributions only being $3,572.00.